Before work (yesterday):
- Fought rush hour traffic, while heading into a salmon-colored sun in a misty gray sky.
- Replayed the song “Konichiwa Bitches” over and over.
- Used the 5,000th staple and had to get another box from the supply closet.
- Encouraged a Jim Carrey hating co-worker to see the marvelous film, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (I think I convinced her).
- Ran into the store to pick up a few things. On the way to the cash register I passed a man and woman talking near the pharmacy. She had tears in her eyes, and my heart went out to her. I didn’t know why she was upset, but I remembered what it was like being in the middle of an emotional crisis but still having to go buy milk and eggs.
- Picked up Ikuni, Drummer and Gamer from various places. The boys had me try Burstin’ Bits Strawberry Flavored Popping Candy. I made the mistake of putting a whole palm full in my mouth, and now I know what a microwave popcorn bag feels like.
- Drove home listening to the kids quote favorite movie lines.
- At the house, ordered Domino’s pizza (3 medium 1-topping pizzas for $5 dollars each) and fifteen minutes after they arrived there were only three pieces left.
- While eating, watched the end of a PBS special on Willa Cather and reminded myself, again, that I need to read something by her.
- Fell asleep listening to the hum of Ikuni’s voice as she talked to her friend, Miki, on the phone in her room.